Sunday, June 26, 2016

Crochet granny square

When I started my crochet hobby, the first thing I saw
was a granny square blanket, and I told to myself one day I will learn it,
fair enough I did 😊



I made my first scarf using cotton but not long enough but at least I did.



I know some of us can't resist granny square stitch, so many potentials
and not hard to make.



I decided to share the way I crochet granny square,
I know some of us have a different ways to do it but I'm happy to share mine.






Grab your hook and yarn and crochet along with me 😊😀


With your 5mm hook or you can use any hook that you are comfortable with


Start with chain 4 to form the center of the motif.
Chain 2 count as first DC, 2dc into ring,* ( ch2,3dc,ch2)  repeat*
until you have 4 groups of 3dc.
Ch2, slip stitch top of ch3. fasten off.



Row 2:
change to white colour,
join in to any ch2 space, ch3, ( 2dc, ch2,3dc) same space to form corner,
*ch1, (3dc,ch2,3dc) next ch2 space repeat until you have 4 corners.  
slip stitch top of ch3.
fasten off.
Row 3:
Join orange colour in any ch2 space,
ch2, (2dc,ch2,3dc)same stitch. ch1, in ch1 space work 3dc,
*ch1, to the ch2 space, (3dc,ch2,3dc) ,
ch1 3dc next ch1 space, repeat* to complete the row,
slip stitch top of ch3,.
fasten off.

Repeat row 3 until your square become bigger.
Just remember in every corner work (3dc,ch2,3dc)
and to the ch1 space work 3dc. 


Hope this will help.
If you have question or find errors feel free to message me. Thank you


Happy crocheting everyone!!!


With love,
Milina

2 comments:

  1. Have green and gold yarn which are the colours of Australia! Looking forward to starting tonight while sitting in front of the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne, yay, can't wait to see it finished, please let me know if you need some help

      Delete